Saturday, September 26, 2009

Finished!


My dad enjoyed collecting coins. When they first started issuing the 50 state quarters he was excited about collecting them.

Even though I never really picked up the coin collecting bug from him, I thought the idea of the state quarters was pretty cool too. So dad bought me a map to place the quarters in. Nolan had just been born and I thought it would be really fun to work on this with him. It was something to imagine him as an 8-year-old when the final quarters would be issued.

Eventually Kris' Aunt Helen set us up with another map. Nolan wanted the newer one. So Thomas inherited the old one from dad.

Nolan completed his map a few weeks ago. Thomas finally finished filling up dad's map today, with a Washington quarter we got in change this morning at Home Depot. As you can see in the photo, he's pretty proud.

And I'm sure "Pop" would be too.
blog comments powered by Disqus