Wednesday, May 27, 2009

'Raiders' returns


Some really exciting news was announced today..."Raiders of the Lost Ark" will be screened again at the Palace Theatre in Albany.

The Palace made the announcement this morning on their Twitter feed...
@PalaceAlbany 2009/2010 Classical Movie Series sneak preview: Raiders of the Lost Ark. More to come soon!

The last time I saw "Raiders" on the big screen was at the Palace three years ago. I said at the time, and I'll say it again, I'll take a scratchy 28-year-old print shown at a real theater with an audience over the crystal-clear DVDs in my basement any day.

They run some really great classic films there and it's great that my favorite flick of all time is getting a return engagement.

I hope I can bring Nolan with me this time. I had planned to wait a couple more years before letting Thomas watch the Indy movies, but now I might have to reconsider.

0 comments:

Post a Comment