Saturday, July 19, 2008

Facebook boom

Is it just me or has there been a Facebook explosion recently? I know the social networking site has always been popular, but lately it seems like people are joining in droves.

I've had a Facebook account for quite a while now, although I didn't really start actively using it until about a year ago.

I've had a steadily increasing list of Facebook friends. But lately it seems like I'm finding someone new -- or someone new is finding me -- almost everyday. It's been a great tool for reconnecting with old friends from high school and college and some former co-workers.

Even Kris took the plunge yesterday, creating her own Facebook page to see what all the fuss is about.

It's quite cross section of people I've connected to. I'd say the ages of the people on my friends list range from 16 to mid-60s.

I knew Facebook was successful, but the level of its success and some of the unlikely people I've found on there surprises even me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment