Thursday, October 04, 2007

Pre-Post Season

What an interesting Major League Baseball it turned out to be.

I was pretty silent during the most of the season – mainly because for a while, as a Yankee fan, there wasn’t much to write about. I admit, at one point I was one of the naysayers ready to stick a fork in them. I know the ride can’t last forever.

But boy, did they turn things around. It’s very impressive to come back from a 14-game deficit and wind up with a post-season berth. I’d like to go on record now as saying that whatever happens next, I won’t count this season as a disappointment.

That said, a 27th World Series title sure will make it all the more enjoyable!

Gametime tonight is 6:37 p.m.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good news- looks like the Yankees will go to the World Series

Bad news- Seems they can't get their seats all in the same section..

Sorry
Paul D.

Anonymous said...

After last night's performance, it ain't lookin' good. (And I ain't sad about it!)

Of course they also said that about the 2004 Red Sox after Game 3 of the ALCS.

Disclaimer: I am NOT rooting for the Yankees (this is directed at you Aaron). I'm just saying that crazy things do happen in the playoffs.

Aaron Hull said...

Four Observations:

1. A-Rod was up to his usual October Tradition last night...0 for 2 with 2 walks...hitting .000. I predict he will hit under .200 in the series and Cleveland will move on to face Boston.

2. In the words of the most overpaid pitcher of all time (18 Million for 6 wins)...Anything less then a Championship will be a disappointment.

3. Shannon needs to face reality!!!

4. Cleveland will move on to face Boston.

Anonymous said...

I stand corrected. A small part of me is actually disappointed that the Sox won't be playing the Yanks in the ALCS (as are the suits at MLB I'm sure).

The other part of me is largely relieved that I will not have to suffer through yet another post-season epic battle. My constitution can't take it!

Post a Comment