Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Beer Madness

I’m a fan of Saranac beer. Have I bored you yet with the tale of the time Aaron, Mike and I took the brewery tour? It’s a classic story!

Anyway, I got an e-mail last night form Club Saranac alerting me that they’re among the 32 beers competing in the Washington Post’s “Beer Madness” tournament.

A panel is conducting blind taste tests to determine the best beer in America. You can view the bracket here.

Saranac Pale Ale has already reached the second round, having defeated Miller High Life on Sunday. Next weekend it goes up against Sierra Nevada.

Some other notable upcoming match-ups include Pete’s Wicked Ale vs. Redhook ESB, Brooklyn Lager vs. Samuel Adams and Budweiser vs. Rolling Rock.

Besides Miller, Killian’s Irish Red, Coors Original and Pabst Blue Ribbon have already been eliminated.

So what do you think? What’s your pick for best beer in America?

1 comments:

Don and Sher said...

My taste in beers has changed over the years. As an 18 year old back in the 60's I liked Bud but today seeing Bud go against Rolling Rock I wouldn't give you two cents for either.
I like good lagers such as Yuenglings, Sam Adams is very good but choosing the best, I don't know.

Post a Comment