Monday, August 28, 2006

New widget

You may have noticed the box on the right side of this blog labeled “Things That Caught My Eye.” Here’s where that came from…

I had been using Pluck as my RSS reader. However, I recently switched to Google Reader.

Both readers have their pros and cons. But one of the nice things about Google Reader is that it can generate a little customizable piece of code I can drop into my blog. Now with a single click I can send headlines from Google Reader to this space.

Sometimes I stumble across interesting articles, but I don’t have the time to write something up to provide a link with. This will make it easier to share some of the items I find interesting with all of my loyal readers.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't see a box... I am using Firefox and can see

About Me
Listen to my voice demo
Your email
Super Wifey
Now Reading
Previous posts
Various Buttons

Anonymous said...

Ditto. Firefox here too.

Roon said...

Hmmm... I don't recall teh Google folks mentioning anything about Firefox issues. I shall investigate.

Unknown said...

Not to rock the boat but I use Firefox and I see the box fine.

By the way, interesting usage of the Google Reader to automatically add RSS feed content to your site.

Post a Comment