Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Rebellious youth

The movie "Less Than Zero" is now available on Hulu.

My main memory of the movie (besides the Bangles cover of "Hazy Shade of Winter") was that it was the first Rated R movie I ever tried to get into with my friends. I wasn't successful.

I was nearly two months shy of turning 16 when the movie came out in 1987 and the cashier (who I later wound up working with at that very movie theater) refused to sell us tickets. We went to see "Three Men and a Baby" instead, which the ticket seller assured us was a better movie anyway.

Weeks later, I did successfully get into my first R movies in the theater -- "The Running Man" and "Good Morning Vietnam."

I never did get around to seeing "Less Than Zero." Maybe I'll watch it now that it's on Hulu (but probably not).

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recently saw the first half of the movie again. It isn't as good as what I remembered. Maybe I'm getting old or it was just a movie for a period in time. The sound track is still good.

So, how the heck to you remember all those details about movies? I'm trying to remember what R-rate movie I saw with Mike and his Mom. I think it was Lethal Weapon, maybe Beverly Hills Cops (but that seems a little early).

Post a Comment