Thursday, August 28, 2008

'Job well done'

I often can't stand all of the negativity that surrounds presidential campaigns.

The truth is we're all just people and we have different opinions -- and that's okay. Many of my closest friends have vastly different views than me, but we don't hate each other.

I think politicians on both sides of the aisle understand this. Just look at how Bush 41 and Bill Clinton have become buddies.

But during a campaign there is such venom spewed from candidates and their supporters that I get a little fed up. They only serve to rile people up and polarize the two sides.

I've always said that if I was interviewing a presidential candidate or moderating debate the question I'd most like to ask is "What is your opponent's greatest accomplishment?" or "What do you like most about your opponent?"

That's why I was so pleased to see this ad from John McCain that will air during tonight's coverage of the Democratic National Convention...



Sure, it serves a political purpose for McCain. It portrays him as gracious and generous light during coverage of an event mostly focused on bashing him.

But still, I thought it was a welcome change of pace. Too bad it won't last.

2 comments:

Aaron Hull said...

"Sure, it serves a political purpose for McCain. It portrays him as gracious and generous light during coverage of an event mostly focused on bashing him."

Are you upset that the Dems are running a campaign from the "How to run a campaign Handbook" by Karl Rove?

Roon said...

Huh?

Post a Comment