Monday, March 28, 2005

More strange news from Binghamton

I have no connection to the Binghamton area. I just like news of the weird and unusual and it's coincidence that so much of it is from Binghamton. Here's the latest...


Police: Obscenity forcibly tattooed on teen's forehead
NORWICH, N.Y. (AP) - Police near Binghamton say you can't miss it. A bold, black ink obscenity tattooed on the forehead of a 17-year-old boy.

The youth walked into a local police station Friday and told officers he'd been held down by a man and another teen while they forcibly tattooed the vulgarity.

Norwich police officer Craig Berry told Binghamton radio station W-N-B-F the victim was "very upset and embarrassed."

Berry declined to describe tattoo except to say it's "very obscene."

Berry says it's a "permanent" tattoo in the middle of the boy's forehead. He says it's not going to wear off, so plastic surgery or a laser process likely would be needed to remove the ink.

Twenty-three-year-old Kenneth Peer, of South New Berlin, and a 17-year-old boy from Earlville, were charged with felony assault and unlawful imprisonment. Police were withholding the name of the 17-year-old, who was charged as a youthful offender because of his age.

They're being held in Chenango County jail on 25-thousand dollars bail.
Police have not established a motive for the attack, in which a homemade tattooing instrument was used.

(Bob Joseph, WNBF, Binghamton)

(Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Norwich is where most of my hubby's family is from...it's a podunk town about 50 minutes from Binghamton. There really is nothing to do there, other than sit around and tattoo each other. How do you think I got the Tweety bird tat on my back, lol?

Just kidding...I mean, I DO have a Tweety tat on my back, but I actually got it while visiting a friend up in Plattsburgh a few years after I graduated...
-Allie

Post a Comment